Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer Review - Do Not Buy Until You Have Read This!

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer Review
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Click Here For More Information
Features
  • Unique sensor technology allows you to use the device horizontally or vertically
  • Memory function that stores data for up to 7 days
  •  Dual display that can show you how many steps and the time simultaneously
  •  Can count steps even when jogging
  • Aerobic step function that can continuously measure the amount of "aerobic steps" (continuous amount of steps taken in 10 or more minutes)
  • LCD display
  • Belt holder and security strap that are detachable
  • Can be attached onto the hip, put into a pocket or clipped onto a bag
Advantages
  • One of the most accurate pedometers on the market. It is not perfect but there are currently no pedometers that I know of available that are 100% accurate when counting steps etc
  •  Counts steps, calories used and distance traveled
  •  Can store data for up to a full seven days
  • Large display 
Disadvantages
  • The device is not water resistant
  • The clip is fragile (easily breaks)
Whats In The Box?
  1. Main Unit
  2. 1 battery
  3. Screwdriver
  4. Strap & clip
  5. Unit holder
These are the items that you will get in the box with the Omron HJ-112  pedometer. If any items are missing I would first get in touch with the company who sold you the product who should be able to send you the missing part/s, or get in touch with the manufactures for a replacement part.

How To Use The Pedometer?

Using this pedometer is exactly the same as any other. There are a few basic steps you have to follow and then the device will do the rest. The 3 steps are:
  1. First you will want to make sure that the pedometer is set to 0. To do this simply hold down the reset button for a minimum of 2 seconds
  2. Attach the unit to your waist belt, the closer the the hip bone the more accurate the counting will be.
  3. Start walking and the device will begun to count the number of steps, calories and distance.
Important Note: The pedometer will not display any data until you have been walking for a minimum of 4 seconds!

My Personal Experience Using The Omron HJ-112 digital pocket pedometer

Since I am a bit of a fitness freak I really enjoy keeping active, and walking is something I do a lot of. For this reason I have owned many pedometers in my time, some were good, others went straight into the bin (seriously).  

Anyway I decided to buy the Omron HJ-122 Pedometer after seeing how many great reviews it had from Amazon (over 2,000 5 star reviews at the time of purchase), plus because I also wanted a pedometer that could show how many calories I had used, which this item does. 

After using it for a few times and getting used to all the features I really did like it, the product was very easy to use, had very accurate counts, and the seven day memory of how many steps I had previously walked was also very helpful to compare one day to the next, as I always try and walk a little further each day. 

As well as the good there were also a few problems, one entirely my fault and the other due to one of the components being to small.

The first one which was my fault, but nearly broke the device was when I stupidly forgot I had the pedometer on and jumped into the lake were I am from, and due to the device not being waterproof some water did manage to get inside, but lucky because I quickly remembered and got straight out, then left the pedometer to dry in the sun it worked fine afterwards, but that is defiantly something you need to remember.

The second problem was the screw that attaches the back onto the device were the battery is located. When I opened the device to let the inside and battery dry, I dropped the screw, and seeing as it is very small it took me over 3 hours to find, yes a full 3 hours! So again that is just something that you should be aware of.

Other than that this is defiantly the best pocket pedometer that I have ever used! And as I have already mentioned earlier in the post I have used many. If you are looking to buy a pocket pedometer I would 100% recommend you purchase this one, I'm almost certain you wont be disappointed with what you will be getting. 

Where Is The Best Place Online To Buy Omron HJ-112 Pedometer?

Amazon is were I purchased mine from as they are often the place that offer the best value and are a trusted site, something that is extremely important to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment